Tech Integration | Utilizing ideas

Sep/10

2

Managing Multiple Classes on one Blog

One way to do this is to make a category for each class that you want a blog for. You can do this by going to Site Admin/posts/categories. As you make posts to your blog, assign a cateogry (i.e. class). When students go to your blog, they can click on their class to see the blogs related to that class.

Also, to make a clean view of the blog, you might want to create a welcome page for your blog and then set it as a static front page by going to settings/reading and then choosing Static page as the front page. Then your classes will have to click on the category to the posts related to them.

No tags

3 comments

• Author comment by Amanda Adams · September 7, 2010 at 6:10 pm

You can also use “pages” but pages are static and are meant for only one post not a continual flow of posts.

• Sarah · October 10, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I want to use this through Power School, but am a bit confused. I bet Jamie will help me with it. I can see that posting assignments along with grading criteria would be helpful for students and parents.

• Author comment by Amanda Adams · October 11, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Definitely Sarah! Jamie can guide you for sure. Take a look at the Blog basic set up page to get started. I think you might find it is pretty easy to use.

<<

>>