**Sites not currently open to students.
Red text=on all KPBSD school computers
Green text=can be loaded on district computers.
- iGoogle This is a way to personalize your homepage for quicker access to the things that you use regularly. Tutorial
- Google Bookmarks This is a way to make lists of bookmarks.
- Diigo This is a social bookmarking site that allows you to share lists with people and follow what other people are bookmarking. Tutorial
- Delicious Same as above. Tutorial
- Google Custom Search This is a specialized search engine that only searches the sites that you tell it to. This can be embedded in Google Sites. Tutorial
- Google Scholar This is a specializes search engine that searches scholarly articles and journals. Tutorial
- Audacity Guide
- iTunes Tutorials
- UJam This allows music creation (really good for musicians). Tutorial
- FreePlayMusic This allows music creation (excellent but less choices).
- Podcastomatic This is a resource for finding and publishing podcasts. Tutorial
Productivity & Presentations
- Google Docs Tutorials
- Microsoft Office products
- Fakebook This allows you to create a fake facebook page. Tutorial
- Wordle This makes a word cloud from text that is input into the site. (Most repeated words are largest.) Tutorial
- Tagxedo** This is a word cloud maker that forms shapes. Tutorial
- Tagul This a a word cloud tool that allows for shapes and linking in the text.
- JotForm This is a form creator.
- Prezi This is a zoomable presentation format. Tutorial
- SMART Notebook This is an interactive presentation format. Tutorials
- Glogster This is an interactive poster maker. Tutorial
- Voicethread This is a digital storytelling medium with interactive commentary. How-To & Guides
- Blabberize This creates talking pictures. Tutorial
- Tiki-Toki This builds interactive timelines. Tutorial
- Sketchcast This makes video from narrated sketches. Tutorial
- Kerpoof This has interative activities for k-5 students. FAQ
- VoiceThread This creates a narrated video/slideshow that allows commentary. Tutorials
- Voki This creates talking avatars. Tutorial
Social & Communication
- WordPress Blog Use this link to a document for personalizing your blog.
- Moodle Tutorials
- Edmodo (Do a search in this blog for Edmodo resources)
- Collaborize Classroom Tutorial
- Calendar (access through School Gmail)
- Skype User guides
- Google Groups**
- Pinterest** Articles
- Twitter** (Do a search in this blog for Twitter resources)
- Linoit This is an online corkboard. Tutorial
- Wallwisher Same as above. Tutorial
- Titan Pad This allows for collaborative notetaking and chatting. Tutorial
- Dabbleboard This is a collaborative whiteboard. Site Tour
- TypeWith This is a collaborative notetaking site.
- Twiddla This is a web based meeting tool.
- Screencast-O-Matic This makes videos from recording what is happening on your computer screen.
- Screenr Same as above.
- Evernote This is a place to share and store online resources. Tutorial
- LiveBinders** Same as above but in notebook system with tabs. Tutorials
- Ge.tt This site allows file storage and sharing (really nice for files that are too big to email.)
QR Code Generators
Internet Safety & Copyright
- Creative Commons You can get Creative Commons licenses here.
- BibMe This is a bibliography creator.
- Pen.io This is a place to record resources.